Cheerleading and Dance Jump Drills
5 Ways to Improve Your Jumps
- Stretch your splits each day.
- Straddle Lifts – Sit in a straddle. Place both hands by right knee. Lift right leg two inches up and hold keeping your leg straight and toes pointed. Repeat 10 times. Repeat on left leg.
- High Kicks on both legs (3 sets of 10)
- Squat jumps – Start with your feet together. Bend slowly so that your knees do not bend more than a ninety degree angle. Jump as high as you can without using your arms. As you land, bend slowly back to the ninety degree angle and repeat. (3 sets of 10)
- Leg lifts to front, side, back on both legs (3 sets of 10
Want more ideas? Read here – Skills and Drills for Jumps